Sunday, June 16, 2013

Minecraft Foam Pickaxe and Sword

The pixelated tools from Minecraft!


My sword on the sitting room wall

One of the most popular and enduring Minecraft toys is the foam sword (the foam pickaxe is also pretty popular!). It's officially licenced merchandise and they are sold by ThinkGeek. I bought one of each, one to me, and one as a gift for a friend.


They're both large, solid toys which are nice and durable (yes, I have had sword fights), made of heavy foam and with a plastic overlay to hold it together and with all the detail on. The edges are a little sharp and the toy is solid enough to hurt, so don't hit people TOO hard!

They can be used as wall decorations, and look great over your fireplace (yes, that's where I've hung my sword when I'm not brandishing it) and can be used to chase chickens (which is what the person I gave the pickaxe to promptly did), just as you would in the game.


Minecraft Foam Pickaxe
I'd love to get more of these, as they look awesome whether you play Minecraft or not, and everyone seems to love them. And they look GREAT hung on the wall!

Would I buy again?
 YES. They're great toys, props, wall decorations, everything. It doesn't matter if you're a Minecraft fan or not, as most people can identify with the pixelated look.


Where to buy the Foam Sword and Pickaxe
ThinkGeek, Amazon and eBay.



ATTACK! Quick, defend yourself against
the kittens with the
Minecraft stuff on ThinkGeek!

They were originally a ThinkGeek exclusive but you can now pick them up in several places. ThinkGeek also sells these officially through Amazon, but if bought there, then Amazon won't ship these overseas and I'm pretty sure they're the reason I went to ThinkGeek in the first place.




Buy your own Minecraft foam weaponry!

ThinkGeek



Amazon.com





Be warned: They sell out fast everywhere! They are often out of stock, especially leading up to Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment