An alternative costume version of the Dread Pirate Roberts!
|"I am the Dread Pirate Roberts. |
There will be no survivors!"
|Black Hooded Robe - 56" Long|
At one point in the story, Westley and Inigo play upon the dramatic legend of the Dread Pirate Roberts to get into the heavily guarded castle. They disguise Fezzik as an enormous figure gliding towards the men guarding the gate (being pushed on a wheelbarrow a.k.a 'assets unlisted in the first place'), black and terrifying, booming "I am the Dread Pirate Roberts. There will be no survivors!" while smoke pours up around him. Then he bursts into flames, as he's wearing the Holocaust cloak Miracle Max gave him. It's super effective!
Costume Elements Needed:
- 1 Black Cloak (as long as possible)
- a wheelbarrow (covered with the cloak/black cloth, so you can use a more stable four wheeled version instead)
- stage smoke (unless you have a real Holocaust cloak to set on fire)
- a deep rumbling voice and threatening quotes
The full Dread Pirate Fezzik scene
- Voice (gatekeeper): [distant] Stand your ground, men, stand your ground!
Stand your ground!
- Fezzik: I am the dread pirate Roberts! There will be no
Westley: Not yet.
- Fezzik: Many are here, I am here. But soon, you will not be
- Inigo: Now?
- Westley: Light him. [Inigo sets fire to the Holocaust Cloak]
- Fezzik: The dread pirate Roberts takes no survivors! All your
worst nightmares are about to come true!
The dread pirate Roberts is here for your souls!
- Voice: Stay where you are! Fight! Stay where you are! [Everyone runs away]
|Dread Pirate Roberts Quote Refrigerator Magnet|
This famous quote was never actually said by the real Dread Pirate Roberts, only Fezzik in disguise.
Put Together A Group Costume!