Thursday, August 1, 2013

Swashbuckling BBQ Sword

Stage a raid on the barbeque!

Arrr, pirate cat!
I originally threw this into an order as a gag gift for someone, but when it arrived... well, I'm having trouble giving it up.

It's pretty small, but surprisingly well made. Of course, when I say small, I mean it's small for a sword. It's biggish for an actual skewer! As for the "well made part", I didn't read the description properly and expected something cheap, but instead it's a solid wooden handle and a solid metal part, which is actually better quality than... well, pretty much everything in my kitchen.

Would I buy this again? I think I'm going to have to, because I still need it as a gift and I want to keep it so very much. Apart from the double prong (which come with plastic safety tips, by the way), it's a perfect costume prop and have it hanging on the wall over the fireplace with the Minecraft sword.

Ahhh, pirate cat!!
It's sturdy enough for a semi-decent swordfight, and works very well for toasting marshmallows. I don't really eat much meat, so I may never use it for actual barbecuing, but it works perfectly well.

 It also comes with a 'free mask' - a cardboard domino mask set into the packaging (Clearly the most exciting thing of all possible things).. Fun for a party, not really going to last very long otherwise.

Buy From ThinkGeek (US$24.99)

Buy From Amazon.com (Price approx US$20-25)

Buy From Amazon.co.uk (Price approx £10-20)


No comments:

Post a Comment